Hyatt Place CHARLESTON HISTORIC DISTRICT
Charleston, SC – June 24-28, 2019
The Health Resources And Services Administration (HRSA), The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and CityMatCH are offering a Training Course In MCH Epidemiology as part of their ongoing effort to enhance the analytic capacity of state and local health agencies. The training course is an intensive program, combining lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises, and opportunities for individualized technical assistance. Several post-training webinars will serve to build upon and extend the content of the in-person training. The application period for the 2019 Training Course is CLOSED (March 1, 2019). Acceptance notifications will be sent out in late April.
Content For The 2019 Course Will Include:
- Needs Assessment And Prioritization
- Perinatal Periods of Risk (PPOR
- Multivariable Analysis and Regression Modeling
- Program Evaluation
- Quality Improvement
- Effective Data Presentation and Translation
Who Should Apply?
This national program is aimed primarily at professionals in state and local health agencies who have significant responsibility for collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting Maternal And Child Health data. This year, the course is geared to individuals with Basic to Intermediate skills in statistics and epidemiologic methods, preferably in MCH or a related field.
Note: Only applicants who work domestically and regularly analyze data rather than manage programs, will be considered.
If you have Intermediate to Advance skills (mostly generate descriptive statistics with limited application of regression analysis), we welcome you to apply to next year’s course, and to review the online archived course materials from the 2018 intermediate to advanced course. If you are a program manager, please see the training links below for data users.
- Training will begin mid-day June 24, 2019 and conclude mid-day June 28, 2019.
- Hotel room lodging is included in the training.
- A limited number of scholarships for airfare are available.
- Applications will be competitively reviewed, and acceptance notifications issued by late April.
Additional Training Resources