June 24 – 28, 2024
Intermediate to Advanced
The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm PST, March 1, 2024.
If you have questions regarding the Training Course, applications, and/or timeline please contact Ashleigh Sutphen at email@example.com
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and CityMatCH are offering a Training Course in Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Epidemiology as part of their ongoing effort to enhance the analytic capacity of state and local health agencies. The training course is an intensive program, combining lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises, and opportunities for individualized technical assistance. Two webinars prior to the training will set the stage for the onsite course and post-course webinars will serve to build upon and extend the in-person training.
Content for the 2024 Course may Include:
- Needs assessment and prioritization
- Specialized multivariable regression methods
- Performance measurement and trend analysis
- Program and policy evaluation
- Quality improvement analysis and reporting
- Effective data presentation and translation
- Health equity measurement
- Social and structural determinants of health measurement
Who Should Apply?
This national program is aimed primarily at professionals in state and local health agencies who have significant responsibility for collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting MCH data. This year, the course is geared to individuals with Intermediate to Advanced skills in statistics and epidemiologic methods, preferably in MCH or a related field.
Note: Only applicants who work domestically and regularly analyze data rather than manage programs, will be considered.
If you have Basic to Intermediate skills (mostly generate descriptive statistics with limited application of regression analysis), we welcome you to apply to next year’s course, and to review the online archived course materials from the 2023 Basic to Intermediate course. If you are a program manager, please see the additional training resources below for data users.
STATE AGENCY EMPLOYEES: This application must be accompanied by a letter from your state MCH director indicating they are aware that you are applying for the training course. This letter helps to foster communication and awareness between state MCH directors, applicants, and MCHB.
Email the letter of support directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fully in-person training course.
- Training will begin mid-day June 24, 2023 and conclude mid-day June 28, 2024
- Hotel room lodging at the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington is included in the training.
- A limited number of scholarships for airfare may be available.
- Applications will be competitively reviewed, and acceptance notifications issued by late April.
Additional Training Resources