Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
June 27- July 1, 2022
Training Course in MCH Epidemiology
We are proceeding with a fully in-person 2022 Training Course in MCH Epidemiology. CityMatCH, MCHB, and CDC continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, trends, and are taking in to account all current guidance and protocols.
Application period is closed. Notifications were sent early April.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and CityMatCH are offering a Training Course in MCH Epidemiology as part of their ongoing effort to enhance the analytic capacity of state and local health agencies. The training course is an intensive program, combining lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises, and opportunities for individualized technical assistance. Several post-training webinars will serve to build upon and extend the content of the in-person training.
Content for the 2022 Course may Include:
- Needs assessment and prioritization
- Specialized multivariable regression methods
- Performance measurement and trend analysis
- Program and policy evaluation
- Quality improvement analysis and reporting
- Effective data presentation and translation
- Health Equity Measurement
- Social and Structural Determinants of Health Measurement
Who Should Apply?
This national program is aimed primarily at professionals in state and local health agencies who have significant responsibility for collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting MCH data. This year, the course is geared to individuals with Intermediate to Advanced skills in statistics and epidemiologic methods, preferably in MCH or a related field.
Note: Only applicants who work domestically and regularly analyze data rather than manage programs, will be considered.
If you have Basic to Intermediate skills (mostly generate descriptive statistics with limited application of regression analysis), we welcome you to apply to next year’s course, and to review the online archived course materials from the 2021 Basic to Intermediate course. If you are a program manager, please see the training links below for data users.
STATE AGENCY EMPLOYEES: This application must be accompanied by a letter from your state MCH director
indicating he or she is aware that you are applying for the training course. This letter helps to foster communication
and awareness between state MCH directors, applicants, and MCHB.
Email the letter of support to: email@example.com
- Fully in-person training course.
- Training will begin mid-day June 27, 2022 and conclude mid-day July 1, 2022.
- Hotel room lodging is included in the training.
- A limited number of scholarships for airfare may available.
- Applications will be competitively reviewed, and acceptance notifications issued by late April.
Additional Training Resources
ARCHIVE: Training Course in MCH Epidemiology
MCH Navigator Trainings For Data Makers (Epidemiologists) And Data Users (Program Managers)
AMCHP And MCH Epidemiology Conference Data Skills Trainings