Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Albuquerque, NM – June 22-26, 2020
STATE AGENCY EMPLOYEES: Applications must be accompanied by a letter from your state MCH director indicating he or she is aware that you are applying for the training course. This letter helps to foster communication and awareness between state MCH directors, applicants, and MCHB. Email the letter of support to: email@example.com.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and CityMatCH are offering a Training Course in MCH Epidemiology as part of their ongoing effort to enhance the analytic capacity of state and local health agencies. The training course is an intensive program, combining lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises, and opportunities for individualized technical assistance. Several post-training webinars will serve to build upon and extend the content of the in-person training. The application period for the 2020 Training Course is open now through March 1, 2020. Acceptance notifications will be sent out in late April.
Content for the 2020 Course Will Include:
- Needs assessment and prioritization
- Specialized multivariable regression methods
- Performance measurement and trend analysis
- Program and policy evaluation
- Quality improvement analysis and reporting
- Effective data presentation and translation
Who Should Apply?
This national program is aimed primarily at professionals in state and local health agencies who have significant responsibility for collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting MCH data. This year, the course is geared to individuals with Intermediate to Advanced skills in statistics and epidemiologic methods, preferably in MCH or a related field.
Note: Only applicants who work domestically and regularly analyze data rather than manage programs, will be considered.
If you have Basic to Intermediate skills (mostly generate descriptive statistics with limited application of regression analysis), we welcome you to apply to next year’s course, and to review the online archived course materials from the 2019 Basic to Intermediate course. If you are a program manager, please see the training links below for data users.
- Training will begin mid-day June 22, 2020 and conclude mid-day June 26, 2020.
- Hotel room lodging is included in the training.
- A limited number of scholarships for airfare are available.
- Applications will be competitively reviewed, and acceptance notifications issued by late April.
Additional Training Resources