Chicago, IL – June 25-29, 2018
The application period for the 2018 Training Course is now CLOSED. Acceptance notifications were sent out in late March. The Health Resources And Services Administration (HRSA), The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and CityMatCH are offering a Training Course In MCH Epidemiology as part of their ongoing effort to enhance the analytic capacity of state and local health agencies. The training course is an intensive program, combining lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises, and opportunities for individualized technical assistance. Several post-training webinars will serve to build upon and extend the content of the in-person training.
Content For The 2018 Course Will Include:
- Needs Assessment And Prioritization
- Specialized Multivariable Regression Methods
- Performance Measurement And Trend Analysis
- Program And Policy Evaluation
- Quality Improvement Analysis And Reporting
- Effective Data Presentation And Translation
Who Should Apply?
This national program is aimed primarily at professionals in state and local health agencies who have significant responsibility for collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting Maternal And Child Health data. This year, the course is geared to individuals with Intermediate to Advanced skills in statistical and epidemiologic methods, preferably in MCH or a related field.
Note: Only applicants who work domestically and regularly analyze data rather than manage programs, will be considered.
If you have Basic to Intermediate skills (mostly generate descriptive statistics with limited application of regression analysis), we welcome you to apply to next year’s course, and to review the online archived course materials from the 2017 basic to intermediate course. If you are a program manager, please see the training links below for data users.
- Training will begin mid-day Monday, June 25 and conclude mid-day Friday, June 29.
- Hotel room lodging is included in the training.
- A limited number of scholarships for airfare are available.
- The application period (January 26, 2018 – February 26, 2018) is now closed. State Health Department Applicant letters of support were required by February 26, 2018.
- Applications will be competitively reviewed, and acceptance notifications issued by late March.
Additional Training Resources