You are hereHome ›› Tools and Trainings ›› Training Course in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
Training Course in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
2017 Training Course in
Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
The Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and CityMatCH will once again offer a Training Course in Statistical MCH Epidemiological Methods as part of their ongoing effort to enhance the analytic capacity of state and local health agencies. The training course combines lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises, and opportunities for individualized technical assistance.
Content will include background and methods for the following, as they relate to the MCH planning cycle:
- Needs Assessment and Priority Setting
- Perinatal Periods of Risk (PPOR)
- Performance Measurement
- Multivariable Analysis and Regression Modeling
- Program Evaluation
- Social Determinants of Health
- Quality Improvement
- Effective Data Presentation and Translation
Who Should Apply
This national program is aimed primarily at professionals in state and local health agencies who have significant responsibility for collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting maternal and child health data. This year, the course is geared to individuals with basic to intermediate skills in statistical and epidemiologic methods, preferably in MCH or a related field. Please note that we will only consider applicants who work domestically and regularly analyze data rather manage programs.
If you have intermediate to advanced skills and regularly apply regression analysis, we welcome you to apply to next years’ course and review course materials from the 2016 intermediate to advanced course with links listed below.
If you are a program manager, please see the training links below for data users.
- Training will begin mid-day Monday, June 12 and conclude on mid-day Friday, June 16.
- Hotel room lodging is included in the training.
- A limited number of scholarships for airfare are available.
- The training course and materials will be provided at no charge, to accepted applicants.
- The online application period is from mid-January 2017 to February 17, 2017.
- Applications will be competitively reviewed, and acceptance notifications issued by late March.
- All state health department applicants are required to submit a letter of authorization from their supervisor or state Title V director, indicating support for the training and approval of time out of office.
- Completed applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. PST February 17, 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Learn more about the 2017 faculty.
Training Course Archive
Curious about course content and schedules? Check out the training course archive on the right side of this webpage.
Contact Maureen Fitzgerald at 402-552-9585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
For additional information, contact Maureen Fitzgerald, MPA, CMP
at email@example.com or by phone at 402-552-9585.
- Tools and Trainings
- About Us